Meeting someone for the first time after having met online is bound to make you feel nervous, whatever your age or stage in life. You may feel anxious and wonder if your relationship online will match...
The Essential Guide To Dating For Houston Singles Over 40
By Top10BestDatingSites Staff
According to a recent survey carried out by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Houston came out as one of the top five best cities for singles.
If you’re about to step back into the dating scene after a break, you’ll be pleased to know that some even consider that the most thriving scene of all is among Houston singles over 40.
So here’s the lowdown on everything you need to know about the dating scene in Houston including how to go about meeting other mature singles and a list of some of the best venues for you to choose from when going on a date.
Where to Meet Houston Singles Over 40
With its budding art scene and beautiful giant parks, there is no shortage of places to go in Houston to meet new people.
However, whether it’s due to work or family commitments that don’t leave enough time to go out every night of the week trying to find a new partner. Or maybe they prefer to get to know more about someone before deciding whether to meet them in person; but many Houston singles are now choosing to find their partners online through dating sites like EliteSingles.
Then, once they have got to know one another and found that there’s an element of compatibility, they then meet up in person and enjoy all the amazing dating venues that the city has to offer.
Out and about around Houston, bars are often a good bet to meet someone.
So if you like the bar scene, you’ll discover there’s something for everyone.
A good one to try is Muldoon’s The Patio in the Galleria. It’s a relaxed bar that attracts a more mature crowd. With a beautiful view and patio under an old oak tree, it’s a lovely spot to meet and chat. They also play great music, but it’s kept it in the background so you won’t need to shout over the music.
Another popular meeting place for Houstonians is Discover Green. This 12 acre urban park is located in the heart of Downtown Houston and is a veritable oasis in the city. Opened in 2008, it was designed to serve as a village green and a source of health and happiness for citizens - and there’s always something interesting going on at this happening place. There are morning yoga sessions, evening Zumba classes, kayaking on the lake, music events, dog days and themed festivals throughout the year.
The park attracts a diverse crowd of locals - including a more mature crowd - so can be a good venue to find someone who shares similar interests with you.
One of the best resources for Houston senior dating, though, is OurTime. Then, once you’ve found your date, why not enjoy Discover Green together.
First Date Ideas
Where to go on your first date can often pose something of a dilemma. You want some place where you’ll be able to have good conversation so as to get to know each other better. Of course, you want to make a good impression and it also helps when you go somewhere interesting that helps to stimulate the conversation.
If you already know something about your new partner’s likes and interests, then why not use that as a guide to help decide on a venue that will appeal to your date? You’ll find the dating scene in Houston has something to cater to all tastes.
- Films at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston - If your partner date is a culture vulture take them to see a film at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. There’s an ongoing program of screenings of both classic and contemporary movies; and in conjunction, the museum often schedules appearances by media artists and critics who offer some new insights with their perspective.
You can then continue your evening and discuss the movie over dinner or drinks across the way in the Monarch restaurant and lounge in the chic Hotel ZaZa boutique Hotel.
- Houston Culinary Tour - Take your foodie date on a walking food tour. Not only does it give you an insight into the culture and architecture of the area, but you’ll also both get the chance to sample different types of cuisine, beers and local produce.
- Etro Lounge - If you share a love of music, then you might enjoy going old school for the evening at this premiere 80s music club. Dress up for a night of dancing and fun - and perhaps a bit of reminiscing together as well.
- TopGolf - If your date is sporty and competitive then challenge them to a game of golf at the TopGolf gaming complex. There’s also a delicious food and drinks menu to enjoy afterwards.
- Galveston - Feel like you’re on holiday and take your travel loving date on a day trip to Galveston. Have a picnic on the beach, and then spend the afternoon strolling through the Strand district with its historic buildings, galleries and shops. Then go for a meal at one of the great restaurants there for a perfect way to complete your day.
If these dating ideas have piqued your interest but you still need to find a partner to share them with. Then visit match.com today to meet your perfect Houston date.
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.