The Ultimate Guide to Boosting Your Zoosk Dating Profile
7 Essential Speed Dating Questions
By Top10BestDatingSites Staff
Five minutes. That’s 300 seconds to muster up the right speed dating questions to help you decide whether or not the person facing you is worth seeing again.
You may have found that sitting through a speed dating event feels like being on a conveyor belt; you pass people in the room without being able to stop, and as a result your surroundings start to feel blurred and unexceptional. Rattling off the same information to numerous people also makes it difficult for conversations to stand out, which is why speed dating sites exist.
Preparing Questions Ahead Of Time
This is also the reason that you should consider in advance which are the right speed dating questions; those which will help you discover something unique and interesting about each person. Choose topics that will give you a glimpse into the other’s personality, rather than those which merely provide you with facts about their lives. Try mixing some funny speed date questions into the bag, just to make sure that at the very least, you’ll have some entertaining anecdotes to take away from the event.
1. Which is the one job in the world that you would love to do? This gives you an insight into the values and aspirations of your date, and what’s important to him/her.
2. What was the last book that you read/movie you watched? A good conversation starter which also allows you to see if your tastes are similar.
3. Where do you see yourself in five years? This question helps discover how satisfied they are with their life at the moment, and whether they’re family or career oriented, without having to ask outright.
4. Midday or midnight? A question that says a lot about your date’s personality and allows you to see how in tune you are.
5. What do you do in your spare time? A traditional but important question to ask, it reveals a great deal about their interests.
6. What makes you laugh or cry? This is a fun question to discuss, and should help you get a glimpse into the sense of humor and emotional make-up of your date.
7. What would be your perfect vacation? An opportunity to see whether your tastes in leisure activities are compatible.
Whilst the above questions are designed to give you a real insight into the character of your speed date, they can all be answered fairly quickly and will not end up taking over the whole of your (short!) allocated time together.
Speed Dating Online
If your experience of speed dating has turned you off of ever trying again, you might be interested in trying to speed date online. Websites such as SpeedDate.com specialize in setting up users with short chat sessions that are the online equivalent of speed dating. Members send speed date requests to each other, and can either accept (or decline) incoming requests. After a quick online chat you decide whether you want to spend more time together, or try your next date.
While the idea of speed dating is often more appealing than the experience, if you store up a few of these questions in the back of your mind, when you pull them out at your next event they will help make the evening more of a success!
Do you have plans Saturday night? Your date is just one click away Zoosk.com.
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.