Since you’re a career-oriented professional, you probably don’t have time to go on dates every night. Online dating sites are ideal—you just need to know which ones to use and how to use them. We review the top dating services for busy professionals like you, including features, pricing, and plans, to help you choose the right one.
Zoosk promises to help you connect with “more singles who are more your style.” Boasting over 35 million members, Zoosk is a leader in the online dating world. It uses Behavioral Matchmaking technology to provide a more personalized online dating experience for its users. The technology studies your profile and uses machine learning to constantly glean data from your actions. For this reason, your profile should accurately reflect who you are and what you’re looking for in a partner.
Optimizing your profile for the matchmaking technology is crucial to finding other professionals like you. Go into detail about what you like to do, your traits and qualities, and life views. Make sure to upload not only photos of yourself that put you in the best light, but photos that are current. This can also save you valuable time, as optimizing your profile makes it easier for the algorithm to work and bring the relevant matches to you!
- Users can sign up through social media sites to link information and see mutual friends
- Behavioral Matchmaking technology saves you time by sending you matches
- #1 grossing online dating app in the Apple App Store
- 3 pricing plans – 1, 3, or 6 months that range from $14.98 to $29.95 per month
- Purchase coins to get delivery confirmation on messages, send gifts, and boost search results visibility
On the market since 1995, Match is one of the original dating services. Its platform has a strong online community, and runs events and trips to help you connect with singles locally. There are free and paid subscriptions, but you will need to sign up to enjoy the many features it offers and the various search filters. Match offers a platform for all kinds of singles, which makes it clear why it’s used by over 30 million people across 24 countries.
A popular feature offered by Match is its Daily Matches, which sends you daily personalized matches based on your profile and preferences. After receiving the matches, you can rate them to tell Match if you want more or less matches like the ones it sent. This helps the site hone in on the kind of partner you want. So whether you want someone in a similar socioeconomic bracket as you, shared hobbies, or similar income, you can find them.
- Basic and bundle plans for 3, 6, or 12 months that range from $19.99 to $26.99 per month
- Good customer support that responds within 48 hours of receiving your request
- Many features and detailed filtering and search options on paid plans
- Daily matches by email
- Good reputation Trusted by 30 million members
Not only is OurTime a top dating site for singles who are 50+, but it effectively connects members based on shared interests. The signup process is extremely simple and takes only a few minutes to get started browsing profiles. When signing up, you’re prompted to answer a few questions like whether you’re a man seeking a woman, a man seeking a man, a woman seeking a man, or a woman seeking a woman. You will also be asked questions like “what color is your hair?” and “what is your ethnicity?” After the initial signup, you can complete additional profile sections, which help OurTime match you more accurately.
These extra sections help professionals like yourself accurately describe what you’re looking for. You can include photos, ideal partner, personality, and message ideas, where you can choose questions that people interested in you can answer when they contact you to spark a conversation.
Since OurTime is dedicated to singles over 50, its platform is made to be simple and user friendly.
- Free signup that lets you browse others, but you’ll need the full signup to communicate with them
- Site is user friendly and dedicated to singles that are 50+
- In depth manual search – filter members by ethnicity, height, whether they smoke or not, appearance, occupation, and income level
- Customer support team can be reached by phone
- 3 pricing plans – basic features for 1 month, basic features for 6 months, or advanced features for 6 months that include message read notification, profile highlight, and message highlight
With over 165,000 new members each month and over 80% of its members holding a university degree, EliteSingles is a top choice for professionals. It caters to gay, lesbian, and straight singles, and believes that the key to compatibility is based around personality matching. Because of this, you’re required to complete an in-depth personality test at the time of signing up. The test includes questions like “What are your hobbies?” and “How would your friends describe you?” EliteSingles then uses the responses you filled in for the personality test to suggest compatible matches.
EliteSingles places emphasis on the percentage of its user base that holds a university degree. It’s ideal for professional singles searching for their other halves.
- Over 80% of its user are university graduates
- Matchmaking is based on the Big 5 model, a popular and trustworthy compatibility test
- Free registration, but you can only connect with potential matches upon paying
- 4 pricing options depending on how long you want to sign up for – 1, 3, 6, or 12 months
- A dedicated fraud team to ensure your information is safe and that you’re safe when speaking to other members
If you’re looking for a site built specifically for commitment-minded individuals, eharmony is the one for you. It understands how hard searching for someone who is ethnically, religiously, or culturally similar to you can be. eharmony’s patented scientific approach helps you find a partner by using various questions and data to match you. Its 29 Dimensions model matches couples based on level of compatibility.
How does it work? 1. Answer basic questions to narrow down the pool of potential matches 2. Complete more detailed compatibility questions that get to the core of your personality 3. Review profiles of potential matches for free 4. Sign up to start communicating with other members and filter searches to date as efficiently as possible.
eharmony’s matching system makes your life easier by doing a lot of the work for you. It sends you profiles of people that you may be interested in, and from there you can decide how to proceed. Its process makes finding that person that you share a similar background, beliefs, and goals with that much easier.
- Patented 29 Dimensions model to help match you with someone compatible
- Offers limited time promotions to sign up and communicate with members for free
- Matches you with compatible and local potentials
- Paid memberships unlock communication tools like a phone line for safe calling
- 3 pricing plans – 1, 3, or 6 months that range from $29.90 to $59.95 per month
Dating for Professionals Done Right
Using online dating sites to find a life partner makes the process easier, faster, and is simply smarter. Depending on your preferences, you can either find your other half by using a detailed manual search, or let the matches come to you with patented matching algorithms.
Knowing which service to use is half the battle. Once you’re done with that, enjoy a stream of compatible matches that you would have never met before!