I’ve lost track of the number of times senior men and women have told me they felt it was okay to lie about age in their online dating profiles. If I had to give a percentage to seniors who believe...
5 Proven Ways To Get A Woman To Respond Online
By Ken Solin
There’s lots of frustration associated with senior men who join online dating sites, post profiles, and send emails to prospective dates that never get answered. Of course, there are lots of possible reasons why a man might get rejected online, but some of those reasons are the result of poor online dating behavior. I’ll explain with 5 examples of proven ways to get a woman to respond to your online entreaties.
1. If a man sends a woman an email containing banal lines like: Hey cutie let’s talk, How about a date, or something that looks like it was cut and pasted and sent to lots of women, he has already lost any chance of meeting someone special. Women may appreciate being called cutie after they know you, but few if any want to hear it from a stranger, especially if nothing meaningful is mentioned.
Don’t spam women with meaningless one-liners that were clearly sent without a clue about who those women actually are. Read each woman’s profile and never send emails to any without mentioning at least one thing that peaked your interest. A woman who receives an email from a man who has taken the time to learn something about her will likely respond. Contacting a woman solely because you liked her photo is foolish, insulting, and a total waste of time.
2. Don’t tell your life story in your first email. I’ve seen some of these emails from my date coaching clients and they smack of desperation. Instead, mention what you noticed on a woman’s profile that you share in common and use that as the main reason you contacted her. That kind of connection is viable and valuable and will be appreciated by women because it reflects thoughtfulness.
3. Make sure your profile information and your photo are both fresh and recent. If your profile contains information that reflects a period of your life that was a while ago women may feel you’re out of touch with what’s going on now, or that the period you wrote about was the last time you were happy or engaged in life. Your photos should portray a man who’s on top of his game, not underneath it. Smile, comb your hair, and dress casually but neatly. If your photo is more than a year old, have a friend take new ones.
4. Be emotionally prepared to meet a special woman, which means don’t date if you’re still hurting from a previous relationship, marriage or otherwise. Your emotional wellbeing is a critical factor for most women, and your profile should suggest you’ve done some amount of personal growth work. Mention a few books you’ve read that changed some of your attitudes about life. Write about workshops you’ve attended and how they helped you move beyond your issues. If you hope to meet a woman who has done her work and is emotionally healthy you’ll need to have done at least some of the same.
5. Be honest. Your profile shouldn’t resemble someone you’d like to be but in fact really aren’t. And keep in mind that whatever you say in your profile will be remembered by your date, so don’t understate or overstate who you are. Women are looking for men who are brainy, thoughtful, kind, considerate, and have a sense of humility. Just be honest and authentic and your chances of receiving positive responses go up.
Women are just as anxious about online dating as men, but the biggest difference is that women focus on what’s inside of a man more than what he looks like. If you take the time to read each woman’s profile before you contact her, and use that information intelligently, you’ll succeed more often than not in getting her attention. Take time and be thoughtful in your invitations. It’s not only worth the effort, it’s essential.
If you still have un-answered question about online dating, you should check out these articles and get useful tips for finding your special someone online.
About Ken Solin
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.