What’s the first thing you look at in an online dating profile? I’ll give you a sec. It’s no secret that it’s the pictures! When it comes to online dating, having great photos makes all the difference...
How to have a Sexy Valentine's Day (even if you’re single)
By Laurel House
Valentine’s Day can be a sore subject for singles. You try to avert your eyes while walking down the chocolate hearts-lined aisles at the supermarket, and you scowl at cooing couples interlocked in too much sidewalk PDA. All the while trying to shush that annoying voice in your head and aching sensation in your chest that secretly wishes you too could partake in the love-soaked festivities.
Well you can!
Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to shun the day of love! You can get your sexy on too, be it alone or on a first date online dating! Yup- first dates online dating on Valentine’s Day is totally NOT a taboo. So let me first tell you about you- how to be a sexy single on this arousing day. Then I’ll jump into your first date, because though it isn’t to be avoided, there are a few do’s and don’ts.
Here are 5 Ways to Have a Sexy SINGLE Valentine’s Day
1. Love Yourself… First! You’ve got to love you first. Yes- love… from the inside out. I know it sounds cheesy, but if you don’t make yourseld the example of what your expectation of others are, then you could end up very unhappy and unfulfilled in love. Show yourself some love- the same type of love that you expect from others! This about it this way: If you don’t love you, why would they?
2. Walk Around the House Naked. Draw the blinds of course and don’t do this when anyone else is home. This is not about performance, it’s about you; it’s about feeling sexy in your skin. Look in the mirror and acknowledge what you love about your body. If any nasty thoughts come in- toss them out! Take a bubble bath, close your eyes, and slip your hands along your body, feeling how good it feels to be touched.
3. Treat Yourself. Treat yourself to one of your favorite things- be it your favorite chocolate truffle (not the entire box… This isn’t about overindulging!), a massage, or even a piece of clothing or jewelry that you have been wanting. If splurging on yourself is tough, rationalize it this way- if you were coupled, you would be wasting that cash on someone else. Why not spend it on yourself?!
4. Go Online Dating Window Shopping! Seeing just how many amazing singles are out there can instantly boost your ego and maybe even land you a last minute date. Valentine’s Day is actually a very popular day for new online daters, expanding your dating pool even more. It’s time for you to jump in!
5. Take It Off! Take a strip tease or pole dancing class! You can go to a group class, hire a private instructor, or buy a dvd so you can do it in the privacy of your home. Feeling your body move in such a sensual and beautiful way will instantly up your self confidence and reinforce what a sexy beast you truly can be… if you just let that side of you out to play.
Do a boudoir photo shoot. This is an amazing opportunity to truly see just how sexy you can be! Just like the models and actors posed in GQ, Maxim, and Esquire magazine, with the right lighting, makeup, and clothes (plus some airbrushing), you too can look and feel that hot! Seeing yourself pictured like that just might give you that insta-self love boost you need to get out there and find a great date!
Valentine’s Day First Date Online Dating Tips
1. Be Available! If you’re available on Valentine’s Day, don’t pretend you’re not! There’s also no reason to shun or put down the day, dismissing it as “pathetic” or “depressing.” You’re single on Valentine’s Day. So what! If you’re already talking to a potential match and you’re trying to figure out a night to go out, instead of saying “How about Valentine’s Day,” you can say, “how about February 14th?” That way you aren’t adding extra holiday pressure, but you’re still saying that you’re open to having your first date online dating on the 14th… which happens to also be Valentine’s Day.
2. Don’t Go Over The Top! This is your first date. It’s not yet the day of love holiday for cemented couples. Have a fun, flirty, sexy first date at a place that you would normally go- preferably a fun bistro, wine bar, or cozy caf?. But since it IS Valentine’s Day, definitely acknowledge the date by ordering glasses of champagne to toast. Going out of your way to ignore the occasion can show insecurity or a lack of celebratory spirit.
3. Gifts? This is not a night for gift exchanging. However, guys- if you want to bring a rose, a box of cheesy conversation hearts, or better yet- something she mentioned in her online dating profile as a favorite thing, like maybe a red velvet cupcake, that’s totally acceptable and even welcome. More than that is trying too hard.
So happy Valentine’s Day to all of you singles out there! This time dedicated solely to yourself could be the best of your life- when you don’t depend on another half to be whole and when you allow yourself to feel sexy, happy, complete, and good enough all by yourself! And if you happen to have a first date- great!
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.